Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Rainbow Realta (aka the stash-busting blanket)


So in between all the baking I have done over the last 2 weeks, I have been trying to complete another afghan.  Back when I was completing this blue afghan  as a gift for my daughters teacher, my son decided that he  wanted a blanket for his end-of-the-year gift for his teacher too.  He didn't want a boring blanket though, his teacher "liked colours!".

I was on board with that, after all, I knew I had more then enough colours in the various yarn stashes around the apartment, and I had the perfect pattern for the job.


I found the pattern very easy to follow and it is very versatile to whatever colour pallet you have to work with.


The Realta afghan  created by the very talented Gingerbread Lady.  She is also the creator of the Kitties in a Row Blanket  that I made. ( shown in this post).  Check out her blog.

7 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful afghan !
Looking forward to more posts.
Janet - simplehomecraft@blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Hi there..found you on blogger buzz. Its a weird place to be in blogger land and it takes time but a great start so far. :D

Bri said...

Thank you both for the kind words...its nice to meet you(and your interesting blogs)too. :o)

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Gosh, Bri, that's just gorgeous. And I get a serious case of the munchies when I visit your site. I would just put my face into those trays of baked heaven and eat my way out of them. I now have to stop and make myself a cup of tea and snatch a biscuit to qualm the cravings. You evil temptress, you!

Bri said...

haha, yup thats me, EVIL (in capitals!) Lucky for you then that I haven't been doing any baking this last while. We are going through a bad heat wave right now ( 39 C right now, humidex makes it 43 C)and in a small apartment with no air-conditioning and 2 heat-oppressed children....that stove is NOT getting turned on!!!! Maybe I should switch my blog to popsicles and icecream?...

I'm happy you like the blanket, I'm making another right now as it seems my yarn basket is enchanted and the yarn never seems to get used up...

Sharon Ojala said...

Your afghan is just gorgeous!! Luv it and now I want to make one, lol
Glad you like out little castle.. I've been adding on to it and Hilda Beans has some house guests now which I'll post on soon!
Glad to meet you here in this blog world :D
Have a beautiful day
Sharon Rose

Clotilde/Craftybegonia said...

Very nice afghan, love the colors!