Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kitty Cats and Bunnies

Well finally the nice weather has decided to join us so the kids and I have been spending lots of time at the park.  Yipee!  I've also been able to get a fair bit of Spring cleaning done...I don't know if it's just me...but I do my best cleaning when its bright and sunny.  If its raining ...forget it. 

So with one thing and another I haven't spent much time in the kitchen.  I did do a couple of batches of various berry muffins for the kids lunches but since they look like every other muffin on the planet I won't bore you with them here.  I did do some baking for Easter.  Mini Carrot cake  (Forgot to take a piccture) and for all the kids I made Brownie Bunnies Pops.


Yes, that is a snowman hiding behind them....my cousin has already teased me about still having that out at Easter....but thats not the worst bit I'm afraid...Mr. Snowman is also filled with my kids Halloween candy!!


So I haven't been baking but I have been continuing my stash-busting efforts and have just completed this stroller blanket.  Its in WW yarn so it can hold up to trips to the park and such.  I used the Kitty Afghan pattern that I found on The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady although I did my final round different then hers.  (at 2 am I just couldn't follow the instructions..not her fault... so just did a simple 2 DC in each space going around...)

Pattern can be found here:   kitties-in-row-afghan

No comments: